1. I am a tenor and have been singing my entire life. I am mainly a musical theatre performer but I have also performed Opera (The Witch in Hansel & Gretel, and Tamino in The Magic Flute) as well as sung with a punk rock band.
2. I have performed as an actor/singer/dancer in all 50 United States as well as Canada and Mexico.
3. I am a natural redhead whose age has turned my hair strawberry blonde.
4. My husband and I have been together for 16 years as of 2017. We are celebrating our two year marriage anniversary this year.
5. I am a huge Jack Russell Terrier fan. My dog Slayer is 14 years old and named after Buffy. Our boy Rusty passed away in 2016 at 17 years old. FUN FACT! We adopted him from a producer of the HBO show Deadwood.
6. I watch a lot of TV. Right now my favorites are Fued (Bette and Joan), all of the superhero TV shows (Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Agents of Shield and Legends of Tomorrow), Riverdale and This Is Us. I’m a huge comic book fan! My all time favorite shows are Buffy The Vampire Slayer and the X-Files. Looking forward to new Twin Peaks!
7. My husband Jody and I have pitched our TV show Pop-Noir to E! twice as well as other networks. Alas, it was not to be. Now we are turning it into a book series.
8. I was a hardcore vegetarian for many years. I started eating Sushi and chicken again about a decade ago. I have added turkey and most recently (gasp!) bacon in the last year. Bacon is soooo good! I used to say I only ate fins and feathers but now there’s bacon too.
9. I have had a huge crush on Nightwing (Dick Grayson) my entire life. We aged together in many ways. He just ages slower! I also have a crush on Darren Criss. He’s dreamy.
10. In most of my cabaret work I get very personal and provide TMI about my past dating and love life. I name names and tell the tales. I want my cabaret performances to be raw emotionally and I truth-tell way too much!
11. I have been friends with all of my besties for over two decades.
12. I am very vocal politically and believe that everyone should be. It’s our world and our country. Of course, I am incredibly liberal and come from a strong liberal family.
13. I go out of my way to drink really good beer. I am a huge IPA fan and try to taste as many new beers as I can. Whenever I travel, I seek out the local microbrews.
14. I have performed the role of Charlie Brown on stage 6 times. 3 times in You’re A Good Man Charlie Brown and 3 times in Snoopy! (Musicals of course) I have also played Huck Finn in Big River a couple times.
15. I am a huge fan of classic films and film stars. Bette Davis, Joan Crawford and Judy Garland are my favorite females and Cary Grant, William Holden and Van Johnson are my favorite males. Favorite films include: Rope, Sunset Boulevard, All About Eve and Rebecca. I watched every film that has won the Academy Award for Best picture in order. It was amazing! You should do it!